Full-Day Classic Old City Tour in Istanbul
- Explore Byzantian and Ottoman heritage in Istanbul
- Visit historical sites of Old City
- Enjoy the journey into the history
Istanbul Old City Tour Overview
Full-Day Classic Old City Tour in Istanbul offers to see the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, The Grand Hagia Sophia Mosque, German Fountain, and Grand Bazaar.
The Grand Hagia Sophia Mosque
This built Basilica, ancient by Constantine the Great in the 4th century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century is one of the architectural marvels of all the times. It was converted into a mosque after the conquest of Istanbul in 1453.
Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet Mosque)
One of the best examples of classical Turkish art, built between 1609 and 1616 by the Architect Mehmet Aga the mosque takes its name the blue Iznik (Nicea's) tiles which decorate splendidly its walls.
The ancient Hippodrome, where chariot races took place was the center of Byzantine political life, standing in the open space in front of the Blue Mosque, the area is now called as Sultanahmet.
Of the monuments which once decorated it, only three remain, the Obelisk of Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine.
In this labyrinth of streets and passages, there are more than 4,000 shops with each trade having its own area; selling mostly gold and silver jewelry, copper and brass items, leather, coats, carpets, and many other beautiful Turkish art and handicrafts such as handpainted ceramic plates, etc...
The great palace of the Ottoman Sultans from the 15th to 19th centuries housing an exquisite collection of crystal, silver, and china porcelain, caftans are worn by the Sultans and their families, the famous jewels of the Imperial Treasury, miniatures, the Holy Mantle enshrining relics of Prophet Mohammed.
Free hotel pick up & drop off areas on Istanbul City Tour
Hotel pick up is at 08:15-08:45
Hotel drop off is at 17:00-17:30
Old City Tour in Istanbul includes
- Pick-up and drop-off only from the regions listed
- Transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicles
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fees (Harem part in Topkapi Palace is an extra charge)
- Local taxes
- Service charges
Old City Tour in Istanbul does not include
- Drinks at lunch
- Personal expenses
- Harem part in Topkapi Palace (it is optional)
- Grand Bazaar (Covered Bazaar) is closed on Sunday
- Topkapı Palace is closed on Tuesday. It is replaced with Underground Cistern
- Blue Mosque is seen from outside on Friday morning as it is closed for prayer